An owner’s title insurance policy from North Idaho Title helps you protect one of the most important investments many of us will ever make – your home by making sure your property rights are secure now and into the future.
If you have a mortgage, your lender will likely already obtain a title insurance policy known as lender’s title insurance. However, that policy only protects the lender’s interest in your home, not your claim of ownership and your property rights. What exactly does an owner’s title insurance policy protect you from? We’re glad you asked!
At North Idaho Title, our premium owner’s title insurance policies protect you against the following
- False impersonation of the true owner or the property
- Forged deeds, releases or wills
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
- Instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney
- Mistakes in recording legal documents
- Misinterpretations of wills
- Deeds by persons of unsound mind
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married
- Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income or gift taxes
For a comparison of title policies, please click here